ideas for this weird space

Adrift-in-beauty(9b)March 26, 2014

I could use some ideas of what to fill this space its mostly light shade all day with a good amount of indirect sunlight right now its home to mulch and rocks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
darcydeuce

Maybe use some stone or something to make a border and shape a little planting area. Use the fountain as a focal point and add some shade loving flowers, plants etc...

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 3:36PM
Adrift-in-beauty(9b)

Thanks week im growing lemon balm do u think it would like it over there and. In the corner you can see the raised mound I have should I do that over there too ...

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 4:10PM
darcydeuce

I don't know anything about lemon balm, sorry. But maybe something like a Japanese maple or dogwood. Also depends how large a tree you want in that space. If I had better skills I could draw on your picture what I'm trying to explain...but, I would clear out that whole corner so you have a clean slate to start with. To simplify matters, you could just use that corner to make a semi-circle shape to make a little (or big!) garden. You can get relatively inexpensive bricks or other stone at a place like lowes or Home Depot, but you could also use large rocks and such you have laying around for a more "natural" look.

Do a google search for shade tolerant bulbs that you can plant in the fall and enjoy every year instead of planting annuals if that's not your thing.

I like to use a tree or fountain as the star of the space and then layer plantings with different colors and textures to fill in the space.

Hope this helped.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 5:41PM
Adrift-in-beauty(9b)

I just realized you can't see the baby crepemyrtle I have planted behind the fountain lol so make a nice lil flower bed beside the crepemyrtle that's kinda a cool idea I gave a whole big pile of rocks hiding under that mulch I can use ..
. I'll post pics when its done

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 6:38PM
darcydeuce

Oh how pretty! That will look really nice in the space. And I love the fountain btw. Have fun, can't wait it see the 'after' pic!

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 6:58PM
Cenepk10(7B)

Crepe Myrtles like sun- but ! Hydrangeas love shade

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 12:12AM
Adrift-in-beauty(9b)

I could do hydrangeas there you are soon right .. hydrangeas and lemon balm would look pretty under the crepe as it grows ... I planted some freesia around the fountain hope it brings ever thing together . As the crepe grows and the white bougainvillea grows on the fence it will be a mostly shade area I hope they all like it I will post pics soon

Bookmark   April 3, 2014 at 9:59AM
More Discussions
Identify Plant
Hey, I grew this plant out on our deck this summer....
Kathranne
Can anyone identify this plant?
I grew this from a cutting given to me by a neighbor. She...
jeff_leites
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™