My favorite corner of the backyard

crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)April 4, 2009

It's taken me years to come to love shade gardens, but I'm there! This is my favorite corner of my yard, the first spot to go full shade so for many years I hated it.

Staghorns and BC Maikai hang under the sweet gum tree on left. Epiphyllum in black basket by wind chimes in tree. Foxtail and coconut orchids by fence, vanda's in tree on right. Rabbits foot ferns in three tiered pot under tree. Pond plants arrowroot, pickerel, water hyacinth. Ground orchids in pots by bench. Confederate Jasmine on fence, foxtail fern below. Regular boston fern under tree. Squeek relaxing, squirrel eating. Foreground left is plumeria just starting to leaf out.

Lori

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dees(5 IN)

Lori, love your shade garden...Looks so calming and relaxing. I know where I'd be sitting and relaxing about 6:00 am...sippin' my coffee

DeeS

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 10:52PM
rcnaylor(z7 Tex)

I'm a big fan of sittin' in the shade on a hot day. Nice job of making it nice and inviting in there while you cool out.

Bookmark   April 6, 2009 at 4:20PM
olyagrove(z9 Tampa, FL)

What a beautiful garden
I love the last photo - is it a giant butterfly bush? It is beautiful
Olya

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 11:12AM
crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)

Thank you so much. If you're asking about the purple one at photobucket, that's wisteria, tree form. I had bought that plant and grew it for a handful of years. Then my yard went shady so I gave it to my neighbor. That picture is my plant in his full sun yard, lol. Love it, it smells wonderful. Shoots and cuttings avail from time to time, just ask.
Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: tree form wisteria

Bookmark   April 14, 2009 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
please help id this plant
My friend grew this cute plant from seeds that he found...
Steph5647
my piece of paradise
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #2
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™