Best of 3

dansgrdnMay 28, 2007

Last but not least.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bultman(8 NL Europe)

Looks like a beautiful garden. The colour combination in the first photo is just stunning. Thanks for showing them.

Bernadette

Bookmark   May 28, 2007 at 3:21AM
jerriedee(z7nc)

Absolutely stunning ! Your conifer collection is also amazing, and you blend the two together so artistically.(conifers and maples) Would love to see more pics as the season progresses and changes. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 11:58PM
Dena Walters

dansgrdn,
What is the lime green plant in the front of your bed in the last picture? Its beautiful!
All of your gardens are wonderful!!
Dena

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 3:10PM
wood_nymph_ont(4a)

Wow, your gardens are lovely! The colours are striking, especially that first picture! What is the pinky-mauve fern like shrub in the upper left corner of the first picture?

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 6:22PM
dansgrdn

Dena, I 'm sorry I can't remember the name of the perennial you're refering to. I don't see it very regularly though. If you e-mail me privately with your address, I'll divide it and send you some if you'd like.
Woodnymph,the plant in the upper left corner of the first picture is a dissectum variety of Japanese maple, Acer palmatum 'Red Dragon'. Dan

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 9:25PM
kathi_mdgd

Absolutely stunning!! Love your color combos and the conifers.Don't think we can grow conifers here in S.Calif,at least i've never seen any.TFS
Kathi

Bookmark   June 4, 2007 at 10:24PM
neerod

WOW Those are beautiful! Great combinations....I should be outside wedding! Thank you so much for sharing! Doreen

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 3:10PM
tmetz

i think you garden is amazing.. i also enjoy the evergreens and maples.. i have recently purchased skylands, japanese blue white pine, and white pine contortous (sp?), and goldilocks (white pine with yellow new growth) how did you determine the spacing because it appears that the specimens you have will grow quite large???? thanks tmetz

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 11:55PM
dansgrdn

tmetz, thanks for the compliment. Nice choices with your new conifers. Yes, alot of my stuff is planted too close together for ultimate size. The Japanese maples, I prune for shape and my theory on the conifers is kind of plant for color and texture for now, so that things look good to me, and move certain things out of the beds as they get larger. I have certain anchor plants that I don't intend to move and others I'll likely have to move soon.(Looking at the sixth picture there are about four plants that will be relocated next, or the following year) A good portion of my plants I got as 1 gallon containers or new grafts, because they're hard to find , but they're really starting to fill in and necessitate, moving some stuff. I'm short on space so I do tend to space things closely, though, I have to admit I've never been much of a rule follower in spacing or zone. Have fun collecting conifers, they're very cool and a bit addicting, then again so are Japanese maples and hostas etc. Later, Dan
P.S. here's a little more conifer color

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 3:12AM
dinajean(upstate SC -Zone 7b)

Wow! What are those last conifers you posted???? I want my yard to grow up to look like yours. Got us 10 acres of property 2 years ago, but have been working on the road until March, finally getting to clear alot of the overgrown mess and dicover alot of heirloom plantings. Have a long way to go, but you sure are an inspiration!!!!

Bookmark   June 17, 2007 at 5:49PM
dansgrdn

Dinajean, Pinus parviflora 'Ogon Janome', Pinus sylvestris 'Barrie Bergman' and Pinus contorta 'Taylor's Sunburst'. Glad you enjoyed the pictures, Dan

Bookmark   June 20, 2007 at 12:48AM
gulabmali

Simply beautiful!!!

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 10:02PM
Missy_GardenWhimsy(So.Calif.)

Great pictures of your fabulous garden!

Bookmark   November 24, 2007 at 7:31PM
angie1010(5Illinois)

Where do you buy those beautiful conifers? Angie

Bookmark   November 25, 2007 at 8:43AM
botann(z8 SEof Seattle)

Dan, your photos are well framed and composed......as is your garden. Always a joy to see. Thankyou.

Bookmark   November 26, 2007 at 1:09AM
dansgrdn

Thanks Missy.

Angie, if you are in Northern Illinois, Rich's Foxwillow Pines in Woodstock Illinois is your best bet. If you are looking for a mail order source, try Coenosium Gardens. Glad I piqued your interest : ).

Botann, thanks for the encouragement and nice comments. I consider it high praise coming from someone with a garden as mature and beautiful as yours. I really appreciate it. Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: Coenosium Gardens

Bookmark   November 26, 2007 at 10:22PM
Pat

oh
my
god.
how great to look at these fantastic pictures today.
or any day.

Bookmark   February 4, 2008 at 2:48PM
ginger57(z3)

Lovely!!!!!!!

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #2
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
Can anyone identify this flower?
This is a cultivated plant growing in the Costa Blanca...
Juliettissima
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
Sponsored Products
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Aubusson Ivory 3 ft. 3 in. x 4
$99.97 | Home Depot
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Firouz Black 3 ft. 6 in. x 5
Home Depot
Freeze Pint Glass - Set of Two
$21.99 | zulily
Royal Blue Rod Pocket/Back Tab Blackout Curtain Panel Pair