Purchased Blue Hill Salvia but blooms are pink?

MrsWhat(5a)May 25, 2013

Hi, First time gardener here... I was wondering if anyone knows of Blue Hill Salvia turning pink if the soil quality isn't good? I thought the pot may have been labeled wrong, because I wanted blue but it looks pretty pink to me! I was told by an employee at Home Depot that my soil would need Lime added to it? Its too late now because it will not change back, but I am just so upset about it and I need to know. Thank you for responding. Sincerely, Melissa W

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wbonesteel(7)

Check the pH. Be careful about adding lime. It solves problems, but it can be overdone. Remember: Lime is used to make concrete and mortar. If you use too much of it your garden...

There are other...friendlier... ways to "adjust the pH in a garden" bed. In this case, google is your friend. Cut and paste the phrase in the quotes in the previous sentence to your search engine and have a look around.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
Identify Plant
Hey, I grew this plant out on our deck this summer....
Kathranne
my piece of paradise
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
my huge tropical garden
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Sponsored Products
12'x15' Sky Blue Oversize Oushak 100% Wool Hand Knotted Oriental Rug Sh19503
1800 Get A Rug
Interlocking Blue Ring Drum Dark Bronze Swing Arm Wall Lamp
Lamps Plus
King Tara Blanket - BLUE
$325.00 | Horchow
Madison Park Seaglass Cotton Shower Curtain with Hooks
Overstock.com
Chooty & Co. Amba Dosset Seamed Pellet Hassock Ottoman - Gray Multicolor - BP17S
$80.99 | Hayneedle
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina White Outdoor Floor Lamp with a
Home Depot
Unique Ivory/Baby Blue Border Oushak Hand Knotted Wool 4'x18' Oriental Rug H5748
BH Sun Inc
Licata Blue Grey Wool Rug (8' x 10')
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™