Can someone help me identify these plants?

tweet_watergirl(Zone 5/ IL)July 26, 2005

I have a few pictures of plants that I would like to know the name of. One is of a plant a friend of my mom gave me, I was told it is an herb can be eaten raw or in soups. It smells like oregano to me. The second set of pics are of a flowering bush of some sort. The pictures are too large to upload so I can email it to whomever is willing to reply to this post. Thank You in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stacey_turner(N Yorks)

Try the 'Name That Plant' forum! :-) A lot of the photos posted there are quite large, so the size of your photos probably won't be a problem.

Here is a link that might be useful: Name That Plant forum

Bookmark   July 27, 2005 at 3:41AM
tweet_watergirl(Zone 5/ IL)

Thank You Stacy! I didn't realize the Name that plant forum until after I posted the message and browsed around.
I then tried, but my pictures being at least 1mb was still too large. I'll try to find a way to post them! Thanks for the quick response.

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 10:51AM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Put the word "Photobucket" in the Search box below, & I'm sure you'll come up with posts explaining how to use that site & post pix within your messages.

If not, holler again & when I have a free minute, I'll explain...or someone else will! :)

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   July 28, 2005 at 3:29PM
tweet_watergirl(Zone 5/ IL)

Thank You everyone for the replies. I found out what the two plants were called the 1st is plectranthus amboinicus also known as Cuban Oregano. The 2nd plant was purple loosetrife.

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Can anyone identify this flower?
This is a cultivated plant growing in the Costa Blanca...
Juliettissima
Pics/files are to big for hortiplex.... how to resize?
Hi so I've figured out how to "imbed" images...
flowersandthings
pls help identify
what is this plant?. im really lost. Thanks.
macbunny
what's growing out of my compost?
Can anyone identify this plant that has erected from...
TiguanTom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™