Duranta Standard Started in June 2005

NikkoBlue(8b GA)August 25, 2005

I June I posted a question in the "name that plant" forum to find out what kind of tree I had seen on my vacation. Come to find out it was a bush trained standard called Duranta "Golden Dew Drop". Well I rushed to the nursery and bought 3 one gallon bushes and trimmed my way to standard.... I am very proud of my 4 babies.... can't you see.....

In Bloom already.

K Loves Flowers.... I've got her hooked already.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

That 2nd one is especially nice! Where can I get one? I have only the male persuasion types! :P

I wish I had trained my Duranta from the start. It's now a sprawling tree!

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 3:08PM
NikkoBlue(8b GA)

I am Very proud of both.... since I have only been gardening and mothering for about a year and a half. I am always amazzed by your pics in this section...I don'think I'll ever be a PRO like your Rosemarie, although my husband (as sweetly as he can) always says my bug eaten half dead plants are as great as yours! Ha Ha Ha!

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 4:27PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

As you should be...VERY proud! Sheesh (blushing) ~thank you! I've just been at it more years than you (& ssshhh, killed many during that time).

Your husband sounds like a KEEPER! My hubby says, "your big plant by the back corner with the big red flowers on it is looking pretty good". That's about as good a compliment I can get out of him. :D Ha ha!

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 5:16PM
natvtxn(z8BTX)

I have durantas growing in 3 places in my flower beds. They freeze back in the winter, when and if we get a cold snap. but always come back in the spring.

My husband knew so little about plants, that he pulled a hydrangea "weed". I was so upset over it, that he never again pulled weeds with out checking with me.
He was a NYC boy and I can't imagine what possessed him to do that in the first place.
I live in Texas and every fall he would roll up the hoses and I would have to explain to him that they don't freeze here and we use them all year.

Bookmark   August 25, 2005 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
Island Garden
Six years ago I started creating a garden at my expense...
DelawareDonna
what's growing out of my compost?
Can anyone identify this plant that has erected from...
TiguanTom
My favourite markers in the garden!
I always use metal and plastic covered plant markers...
Alecia Bane
Accessible Gardening Win-Win
Here's a win-win for saving your back, gardening from...
Emerald-Oaks
Some new flowers in my garden
Here's some of the flowers blooms in my garden.
vivekpatel
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™