Frog 'pond' Trio

Bonbon_N_KS(5b)August 23, 2005

It's the 2nd year for my 1/2 whiskey barrel pond. I added the "spitter" frog this year. I just love hearing the water trickle. We've been seeing live little froggies, too!

Guess there's a troll trio, also.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Charming pond. You are seeing real frogs? Where did they come from?

Bookmark   August 23, 2005 at 10:48PM
Bonbon_N_KS(5b)

Yes, I am seeing real frogs. I think they are tree frogs? Guess I need to do some surfing.

We've been seeing all sizes this year. About 2 or 3 years ago, my son (12 or 13 then) drug home a little frog from somewhere, and I wouldn't let him cage it. We released it in the back yard. Last couple of years we would see "him" about 2 or 3 times the whole summer. But this year, we're seeing a lot of them. They "suction cup" themselves to the french doors at night to eat bugs, and to the vinyl siding on my covered front porch around the porch light. I just love em. Any idea what I have?

Bookmark   August 24, 2005 at 10:59AM
tess_5b(z5b S.Ont.)

Yup, they are tree frogs. I just did a quickie search on my ROM Field Guide for my area because your frog looks like mine, and it said they are Gray Treefrogs (Hyla Versicolor). We see them all around our house, had one living in the wheel of the bbq last month (bbq is on a deck 20' above ground!). And I usually see them on the ledge of a window in our dining room and on the ledge of the kitchen window on the bbq deck. I just love them, they are so sweet!

tess

Here is a link that might be useful: Gray Treefrog

Bookmark   August 26, 2005 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
What type of fern?
My wife received this for Christmas. ideas?
mrmootsie
macbunny
my piece of paradise
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Help identify plant with little purple flowers.
I bought two of these plants. Are about foot and a...
lauranium
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™