Rudbeckia

geoffhandley(Shropshire, UK)August 9, 2005

I always wanted to grow these but thought most of my garden was too damp. Anyway I planted up the bed at the front near the road and it is hot and very dry. They seem to like it - only grows 12-18inches. Is this the normal height?

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geoffhandley(Shropshire, UK)

Drat - slip of the keyboard.....or am I getting senile? It is not Rudbeckia. It is of course Echinacea purpurea white form. I have the ordinary purple on the other side of the bed.

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 4:58PM
candyinpok(5b or 6, NY)

You prompted me to go out and measure mine. It seems that the tallest ones are actually 40" tall. Many however are shorter. The ones that are tallest have been there for years, come back every year and I think are taller than usual because they are receiving extra water due to the proximity of new plantings. These plants have been self sowing and I have tons of them all over the yard now and give them away. They have full sun and their location tends to be dry and probably drains well. The soil is poor and I don't feed them or compost them.

I've enjoyed your other postings as well, but don't know what kind of flowers they are.

Candy

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 9:07AM
joanmn

Lovely!

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 11:24AM
More Discussions
my piece of paradise
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
macbunny
Island Garden
Six years ago I started creating a garden at my expense...
DelawareDonna
Can anyone identify this flower?
This is a cultivated plant growing in the Costa Blanca...
Juliettissima
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™