Carolina Garden's first year

Msrpaul(8bSC)September 17, 2005

My first year at new house...it's still not organised, and a couple are fuzzy, butI thought I'd put it up anyway. FUnny, it's like walking back in time when you look at earlier year pics of the garden, and how things have changed...Summer heat really hurts some things, then they come back in fall (like climatus) Anyway, here goes..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
SherCA(z9)

Please try again. I want to see your pictures. I can relate because I have been in my house for just over a year. I will be posting before and after pics myself very soon.

Sher

Bookmark   September 17, 2005 at 2:42PM
Msrpaul(8bSC)

Somehow I foneboned and didn't put in the link..let's try this again...link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Carolina garden's first year

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 6:36PM
SherCA(z9)

You have some great pictures. You are right, pictures can bring back all kinds of memories.

Sher

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 8:56PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

I thoroughly enjoyed touring your garden & all your shots of critters! Thanks for sharing! I don't think I'd dare to hold that grasshopper though. :D

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 11:35PM
anna_in_quebec(z4 QC)

What utterly gorgeous photos! The flowers and critters are superb, but what type of cat is that - beautiful markings!

Anna

Bookmark   September 20, 2005 at 9:13AM
sresutek

I'm amazed that you took such good pictures - two of the pics have dragonflies flying in crystal clarity. Those suckers are pretty fast - great job!

The butterfly pics are beautiful. I can't say I'm in love with butterflies or anything, but they were so good I had to comment.

Bookmark   September 20, 2005 at 10:24AM
Msrpaul(8bSC)

Hi Sarah,

The dragonflies are very friendly and easy to approach...and by August, they're everywhere...one day we had hundreds of them!

Butterflies will grow on you if you love to garden....I'm just fascninated by them! I watched 2 come out of their chrysalides this morning....Slack swallowtails...they're like the diamond on the ring...

Anna in Quebec....ahhh...you noticed! I wondered if I would get a reaction. I used to have a website for them, as they are BEngals, a beautiful new breed from hybrids...but I'm retiring from that business. A quick search on Google will yield you plenty! They're gorgeous..rich smoot coat

Bookmark   September 20, 2005 at 9:28PM
anna_in_quebec(z4 QC)

Aha - I thought they were Bengals - just gorgeous! I had a cat who I am sure must have been part Bengal, as he had very similar markings, and extremely smooth, soft fur. Once again - thanks for sharing the photos.

Anna

Bookmark   September 21, 2005 at 9:58AM
luv_hollyhocks(z6 NY)

I enjoyed all the pics..You have done a great job taking pics.The are all gorgeous!I absolutely loved the butterflies!! :) Thanks for sharing! =)

Luv_hollyhocks

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 6:01PM
More Discussions
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
Pics/files are to big for hortiplex.... how to resize?
Hi so I've figured out how to "imbed" images...
flowersandthings
my huge tropical garden
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Island Garden
Six years ago I started creating a garden at my expense...
DelawareDonna
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™