Advice on my Jade Plant

luigie822September 25, 2007

Would someone have any idea what's going on with my jade plant? I recently bought a bonsai tree (ficus), and when researching online how to care for it, I noticed pictures of jade plants that look NOTHING like mine. I'm wondering if something is wrong with it. There isn't a main trunk, it's just several branches that bend over the rim of the pot, and then bend updward. It seems to be self-supporting and strong. However, what looks like a white powder is on some of the leaves and there is always a ring of brown "dust" on the shelf underneath the branches. Also, the clay pot that it's in has the white powder around the middle of the pot. Does anyone have any insight or suggestions? Thanks!

Here is a picture of the plant; I'll post more detailed pictures of the leaves and dust below.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luigie822

Here is a picuture of what the leaves look like when they fall off. They're brown with what looks like silver sparkles on them. Is this what they're supposed to look like when they fall off?

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 9:05PM
luigie822

I meant to post this on the cactus & succuli forum... sorry! Could someone assist in moving this thread?

Bookmark   September 25, 2007 at 9:10PM
nathand1212

This is mine... Idk what's happening to it:(((

Bookmark   July 19, 2014 at 5:22PM
Grandy4(9-10 FL)

Are these plants inside the house or out in the yard?

Bookmark   August 24, 2014 at 1:37PM
More Discussions
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
please help id this plant
My friend grew this cute plant from seeds that he found...
Steph5647
macbunny
Identify plant
Hi I need some help identifying this plant that is...
missmollyy
what's growing out of my compost?
Can anyone identify this plant that has erected from...
TiguanTom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™