garden organizer?

sunshinetm(z5 MI)September 2, 2005

Hello everyone, I am not sure where I should post this so I will start here. I am wondering if anyone has a program for their computer, some sort of garden organizer? If so, what one & do you like it? Any you would recommend? Thanks, Terri

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyday2day(mid-MI. zone 5)

I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for. If it's a place to store your garden pics, I would definitely look up Photobucket. Also, you can go to Gardenbuddies forum...register and check out their Photog. software, etc. forum. They are very informative. Good luck. :)

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 3:30PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

I'm not sure if I understand you either, but if it's being organized by keeping track of your plants, you might want to peruse the link below. It's a thread in the Perennials forum on keeping track of your plants.

Not which computer program to use, but some people mention what they use on their computers. Several mentioned the Excel program. If you know how (& you have that program), you could make up your own database, using whatever criteria is important to you.

There are some pretty funny accounts from the organized & not-so-organized gardeners! Good for a few laughs if nothing else & maybe you'll pick up some tips to use. I know I did!

Remember, whatever comnputer program you use...ALWAYS backup your files often!!

~Rosemarie

Here is a link that might be useful: Perennial forum thread

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 5:49PM
sunshinetm(z5 MI)

Thanks for the advice, I did read the forum you sugested. It was funny & very informative as well. Here is an example of something I was looking at. Seems a bit pricey for me to just play around with. Terri

Here is a link that might be useful: example of software

Bookmark   September 3, 2005 at 10:41PM
gldno1

I don't think you would need special software to do something very similar. If you have a spreadsheet available on your computer, say Microsoft Works. You can follow the directions on it for setting up a database.

I have a very simple one where I list the plant, source, date, and location in garden. You could also have a culture and special notes column. Periodically, I can organize them by name alphabetically. But you could have as many spreadsheets as you want, maybe by individual beds.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

gld

Bookmark   September 4, 2005 at 7:11AM
More Discussions
Another Mystery Plant
I found a few of these growing along the side of my...
jeff_leites
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
Camera effects for details.
I have a Sony mavica FD 88. I am trying to get details...
garf_gw
Pics/files are to big for hortiplex.... how to resize?
Hi so I've figured out how to "imbed" images...
flowersandthings
Help identify plant with little purple flowers.
I bought two of these plants. Are about foot and a...
lauranium
Sponsored Products
Courtyard Green and Beige Square: 5 Ft. 3 In. x 5 Ft. 3 In. Rug
$72.95 | Bellacor
Thomas O'Brien Calliope Hand Knotted Area Rug
FRONTGATE
Gnome Magic Hat
$54.99 | Dot & Bo
Hinkley 40 Degree Bronze 8 Watt LED Landscape Spotlight
Lamps Plus
'Thick and Thin' Box Sign
$6.49 | zulily
Two Scribble Notepads
$13.00 | Horchow
78 94" Italian Mosaic Marble Outdoor Table Wrought Iron - TUSCANY
Living'ROC
Dark Mahogany Wood Suit Hangers (Set of 8)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™