Tropical colors...and heat!

orion13hkOctober 11, 2005

Some of my travel pix:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Gorgeous pix! Are they from a garden or just out & about?

I especially like seeing the Hibiscus schizopetalus (3rd pic). I think I'm going to try to find one of those to grow here!

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   October 11, 2005 at 10:02AM
orion13hk

Hi Rosemarie, thanks. Also thanks for telling me the name of the flower in the third pic, LOL. I have always loved them ever since i was a kid. I had them in my yard. They survived on their own.

The 1st and 3rd pix were taken in the Spice Garden, Penang, Malaysia. The rest were taken in hotels i stayed in in Bali & Lombok, Indonesia.

P/S: I had the files compressed to aroudn 60 kb each. But the images still take up the whole screen. Grrr...i wonder why? Probably because i saved them in "FINE" setting in my digicam?

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 12:04AM
orion13hk

Hi folks, my apologies if the huge display images had given you viewing trouble on your screen. The actual file sizes were really less than 60KB. I use dial-up myself so i know what it's like to upload/download huge files.

Luckily, Photobucket has an Edit-Resize feature which allows users to resize to either 75%, 50% or 25% of the orignal image size - all without having to re-upload! I did just that and i hope the images display better now.

Have a great day and happy posting!

Bookmark   October 12, 2005 at 12:42AM
More Discussions
macbunny
Island Garden
Six years ago I started creating a garden at my expense...
DelawareDonna
my huge tropical garden
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
What type of fern?
My wife received this for Christmas. ideas?
mrmootsie
Camera effects for details.
I have a Sony mavica FD 88. I am trying to get details...
garf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™