spiderwort flower

lesdvs9October 8, 2006

closeup of a spiderwort flower.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaceysgranny(7aAR)

That's a beautiful shot! Is it really that color? It's so vibrant.

Nancy

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 2:14AM
lesdvs9

Hi Nancy, yes it is, actually it's an even deeper purple, I've I think the camera washes the color just a little. I love this flower and plant. You can plant it anywhere.
Leslie

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 10:19AM
FlowerLady6(z10 Fl)

Great shot! Spiderworts are one of my favorite flowers. Mine are no where near as vibrant as yours. Yours are really stunning.

Here's mine so you can see the difference. I suppose the soil, etc. could have a lot to do with the end product. : -)

Love them both though.

Isn't it great how they just multiply?

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 7:35PM
lesdvs9

Actually flowerlady I think it was nature's way of paying me back because it died back completely each winter. It became an annual where I was living at the time in zone 7 in the mountains and snow then. I'm planting it again now in zone 9, and by the time they shipped it to me I got one measly flower and it was around the color of the one I planted so, I guess it does have to do with the soil. It was still the same county, mountain or valley. Yours is very pretty and yes I love the way it grows and flowers and hoping now that I'm in the valley I'll be seeing alot more of it! I can see all of yours in the background, just beautiful...sighing here :) I haven't found it locally yet to buy multiple plants, when I do I'd like about a half dozen! Especially if they'll multiply, I've got a brand new back yard to put them in. Thanks for sharing that with me, I was wondering how they'd do in a lower location. Leslie

Bookmark   October 12, 2006 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Can anyone identify this plant?
I grew this from a cutting given to me by a neighbor. She...
jeff_leites
what's growing out of my compost?
Can anyone identify this plant that has erected from...
TiguanTom
please help id this plant
My friend grew this cute plant from seeds that he found...
Steph5647
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #1
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™