wonderful garden memories

jerriedee(z7nc)October 27, 2006

I can't believe it will be 6 months before I will be able to plant a new flower I just had to have..! It's also hard to believe another flower gardening season has past me by...sigh. I can see, many a late night spent in front of my computer screen, looking through my flower garden photos,

to get me through another long winter. Here are a few of my favorites. Hope they will cheer you up too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sinai(7b/Alabama)

jerriedee.....

Your yard is just beautiful....I really like the way the woods transition to your mixed border...the layering effect....I like your choice of plants, colors and the way your put it all together....The view where you have your chairs with the sounds of the water and the firepit looks like a wonderful place to sit and relax.

Paul

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 8:33AM
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

You have beautiful gardens Jerriedee, I especially love the way you use all the different colored foliage. That makes for an interesting garden, even when there isn't much in bloom. Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing.
Jan

Bookmark   October 28, 2006 at 6:28PM
jerriedee(z7nc)

Thanks so very much for the kind words!! Three quarters of my yard is surrounded by trees so I have to do alot of shade gardening. I'm also crazy about bright colors, so I have to rely on alot of brightly colored foliage plants to give me the colors I crave in the shade. Thanks !

JerrieDee

Bookmark   October 31, 2006 at 8:13PM
lesdvs9

I echo the others, how very beautiful. This must give you alot of satisfaction looking at your pictures and sitting out there and enjoying the fruits of your labor. I'll bet you get complements from all of your visitors. I love your colors. Leslie

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 1:37PM
FlowerLady6(z10 Fl)

What a serene beautiful oasis you have created. I felt very peaceful just viewing your pictures. What are the white spikey flowers on the right side of your red arbor?

FlowerLady

Bookmark   November 1, 2006 at 7:52PM
lindakimy

I agree with all the others about your gorgeous garden - such exciting combinations! Stunning!

I have also felt bereft at the onset of winter, knowing how long it will be til I can "play in the dirt again." So this year I'm going to try wintersowing (there is a forum for it here). I've met one of the forum members and visited her garden filled with wintersowed plants. It really sounds simple - and the wonderful thing is it will let me go right on gardening in the dead of winter!!

I sure hope that next year my garden will look a lot more like yours!

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 11:49AM
jerriedee(z7nc)

Thanks again everyone, I was nervous about posting my pics ! You guys are the first people to see my yard, besides my family and a few close friends.I live at the end of a long dirt road,on my parents farm. The only neighbors I have are my brother, and about 39 head of cattle.
Now, to answer your question flowerlady, that shrub is called spiraea cantoniensis.It starts to bloom in March before the leaves open,and blooms for about 3 to 4 weeks,in that time the leaves fully open. It is just finishing up it's blooming cycle in that photo.

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 8:19PM
gw:willy-nilly

WOW !!!! You have a beautiful garden and landscape. I would go nut's knowing I could not get dirty out there for 5-6 months too ! We are in Zone 9 so we don't have the hard winters here but we do have to move some plants inside from time to time.

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 9:51PM
More Discussions
Plant Identification
Can someone put a name to this plant?
Nerwen
Identify Plant
Hey, I grew this plant out on our deck this summer....
Kathranne
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #1
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
Sponsored Products
Couristan Royal Kashimar 0621/2596 Cypress Garden Area Rug - Black/Deep Maple -
$629.00 | Hayneedle
Alfresco Home Weave Cast Aluminum 86 x 46 in. Rectangular Patio Dining Table Mul
Hayneedle
Wishing Well Rectangular LED Fountain
Lamps Plus
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Veranda Green/Terracotta 2.6
$41.58 | Home Depot
Savannah Gardens Tablecloth 120" Round
$242.90 | Horchow
Canterbury Arbor - 66" Opening
Fifthroom.com
Patio Sense Benches Aged Teak Wood Finish Aluminum Patio Bench 61446
Home Depot
Martha Stewart Area Rug: Gracious Garden Spud 8' x 10'