A few fall pictures

springa7(z5 MA)November 5, 2005

Hopefully this new "thumbnail" feature that they have on Picturetrail works ...

This is a picture of our next-door neighbors red maple showing beautiful foliage behind a still-green viburnum bush in our yard -

Here's a slightly more closeup view - many of the trees in this area had less colorful foliage than usual this year, but this one was just as brilliant as always -

Here's a couple of oaks in another neighbor's yard - their foliage is much less bright, but it sometimes looks nice in a more subdued kind of way (for some oaks, though, the leaves just go straight from green to brown) -

Here's a small patch of mums, just about the last flowers to bloom - we almost lost these 2 winters ago, they came back slightly last year but barely bloomed, but this fall they are blooming quite a bit -

This red maple is always the first one in our yard to lose its leaves - the tree to the right is also a red maple, but is always 1-2 weeks behind in losing its leaves. Some years, these trees get brilliant orange-red-yellow mottled foliage, but this year they were relatively dull, being mostly yellow -

A view from the back edge of the yard to some houses at the end of the field behind our street. You can see a considerable amount of color on the trees here, although some autumns have much brighter colors than this one -

I just like this picture because I managed to get 4 different trees together, all swaying to the right under a strong breeze. To the left with the orange foliage is a red maple; in the lower center is a red "cedar" (actually in the juniper family) with is bluish, berry like cones; in the upper center are several branches from a white pine; and to the right is a branch from a Norway maple, with leaves that haven't developed much color yet -

Finally, this is a picture of a few grapes that have not yet been eaten by birds or animals dangling from the mostly leafless remains of the wild grapevines that grow along a chain link fence at the back of our yard -

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joanmn

Thumbnail works great. Lovely pictures.

Bookmark   November 7, 2005 at 11:42AM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Thanks for the tour!! All those beautifully colored trees! OooEee! You must be lovin' it!

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 9:02PM
gldno1

Love the thumbnails. I have dial-up and sometimes have to wait an eternity to get that many photos. This was very fast and then I could click on the individuals for a close-up.

Fall looks very good where you live, as expected. Lovely pics.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 5:00AM
shrubs_n_bulbs(z8/9 UK)

Very nice. Thumbnails are working well.

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
Identify plant
Hi I need some help identifying this plant that is...
missmollyy
Identify this plant please
Hi can someone please tell me what this plant is called...
rycooder
pls help identify
what is this plant?. im really lost. Thanks.
macbunny
Pls help me identtify these houseplants #2
My mom asked me to take care of these plants, but im...
macbunny
Pics/files are to big for hortiplex.... how to resize?
Hi so I've figured out how to "imbed" images...
flowersandthings
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™