My Mango Tree

tania(Zone10 Ca)November 6, 2005

Here's a picture of my little mango tree and two of it's Mangoes which aren't ready for picking yet.

Click on: View photos without signing in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mango Tree & Fruit

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Herb

I'm envious! Mango is one of the two best tropical fruits. The other one's Durian.

Bookmark   November 7, 2005 at 9:20PM
enchantedplace

That is a really special tree. EP

Bookmark   November 7, 2005 at 9:59PM
rosemariero(Z9 SW SUNDiegoCA)

Wow! Those are HUGE Mangoes! How long do you have to wait for them to ripen?

~Rosemarie

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 9:03PM
tania(Zone10 Ca)

My little tree IS special. My mom bought it for me back in 1997 when I came back from a trip to Hawaii. I was so in awe with all of the mango trees overthere that I wanted I mango tree even more! They have mango trees like we in Ca have avocado trees. My poor little tree was planted then I had to move it, and move it again and again! It was stressed! But it survived, and now it's really showing me how much it loves me! The fruit has never grown this big! It fruits twice a year during the months of June and August. These mangoes should have been ready last month, but they're taking their sweet time! I don't really mind because just one is enough fruit for two people. Well if the pit isn't HUGE that is. This variety "Keitt" grows fruit weighing 1 1/2 - 4 1/2 lbs each! It's also the best variety for making Indian green mango pickle, which is what the tag says. This is one time I'm really going to enjoy the fruits of my labor! Although I really didn't do much! lol! I do talk to my tree though.

Tania ~_~

Bookmark   November 9, 2005 at 4:30AM
More Discussions
my huge tropical garden
Monster garden
Angel_Hawk1975
Identify plant
Hi I need some help identifying this plant that is...
missmollyy
Accessible Gardening Win-Win
Here's a win-win for saving your back, gardening from...
Emerald-Oaks
What type of fern?
My wife received this for Christmas. ideas?
mrmootsie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™