Fragile Pepper plants - leaf drop?

shawnannJune 27, 2009

So my pepper plants were about the same last year. They are growing slow...slower than everything else in the garden. And they are kind of fragile and leaves fall off easily if touched. They are green, but not thick. They don't really look unhealthy except they are kind of spindly looking. The bells even have little blooms, though I don't think they could support a pepper. I have bells, seranos, habaneros. The temps here have been quite hot and humid the past week or more. We have had LOTS of rain here and there in this area. I started them from seeds indoors, but some of them look like they are barely past seedling size. What do ya think?

I'm not sure if there are any close ups of the peppers in my blog, but I know comments have been made about them being "started by seed outdoors" which I didn't, they just look small...

My Garden Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justaguy2(5)

I scrolled through your blog a bit, but didn't see the peppers you are talking.

While I understand everyone and their grandmother has a blog these days it would be nice if folks would just directly link to the part they want seen instead of the entire thing where folks are expected to wade through all of it just for a pic.

Bookmark   June 27, 2009 at 10:21PM
shawnann

Bell

Serrano

Serrano Right Habanero left, planted at same time

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 7:52AM
hatchjon

You mentioned you've had a lot of rain. My guess is that the soil has remained too wet.

Bookmark   June 28, 2009 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
Do eggplants have high yield?
I'm going to grow one. Thinking of growing two. Do...
shijitake
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
Tomatoes in Autumn?
It's late summer, about to be autumn for me, and I...
Heather Riley
nibbler of artichokes and broccoli
Hi, All, I recently moved from NJ to CA and am faced...
emmers_m
Fertilising
Hello All, I am planning my winter crop (live in New...
bopwinter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™