Getting a life!

fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)January 20, 2006

Wow.

Up until last night, I had been secluded at home for six days working on some papers for school. Six days. In many circles that's considered almost a week. It hit me yesterday that the only people I had seen in six days are the couple who own the corner store, where I make periodic coffee cream and cigarette runs. I had not touched anyone in that time - not a soul but my cat. That's not healthy. No wonder I was getting all teary at Gilmore Girls reruns: I was going bananas! I don't know how Tom Hanks did it on that island, with only a soccer ball.

But last night, I left the house. And let me tell you, it was GLORIOUS. A wine-n-cheese departmental affair - fine folks, good conversation, loads of wine, and a delicious spread. AND one of my colleagues gave me a tip that is going to help me finish this final paper that I've been knocking my head against!

It's really good to feel alive again!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Congrats Fishies,

Welcome back to civilization (I think?!) Hope your papers go really well!

Bookmark   January 21, 2006 at 10:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Thanks, Queen of the Pirates! I feel fantastic! The papers *still* aren't finished, but I have gone out and been social several times this week, and boy! I feel so much better than I did last week :)

How's your social resolution coming along? It's hard to break those habits, isn't it?

Shelly

Bookmark   January 25, 2006 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
Alii Ficus
Ok, today I picked up an Alii Ficus. Thing is, I spotted...
Joe1980
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
What is wrong with my dieffenbachia?
It looks droopy. And leaves are yellowing one by one....
bluehaven_gweb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™