Need 'Welcome Home From Iraq'Gift Idea's

chrissy(Maine)March 22, 2006

Hey Guys,

A much loved coworker's husband is returning home after 18 mts in Iraq. I got a collection going for her and got WAY more $$$ then I expected! I'm actually having a hard time spending it all and thought I'd ask for some idea's. They have 3 teen daughters also. So far I've gotten a $50 gift card to the Olive Garden (their fav restaurant), $25 gift card to Victoria's Secret (WOO HOO!), a couple of joke like kinky things from the local joke shop, and am planning to get them gift cards to the video retal store. My friend is getting them a bottle of wine and wine glasses. I've still got about $75 left. We can't pay for their hotel room because they don't know where they'll be staying when she picks him up down state. Any idea's or suggestions?

C~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Maybe a gift certificate to a local theme park or something else fun like that...where the whole family can go. I'm not saying that $75 would pay for it all, but it would knock out at least a chunk of the entrance fee to someplace like that. (Around here, the entry fee for "Frontier City" is about $35, I think. The $75 would take care of almost half of that.)

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 3:26PM
jeffrey_harris(San Diego, CA)

Tickets to a nice museum, where he and his beloved would be away from crowds, loud noises, squawling brats, etc.

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 6:48PM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

He's probably going to be pretty strung out after 18 very tense months. What about some informal "therapy"? Like a free massage session? Or a double session that they could both go to together, if he feels weird about getting a massage (Some people are weird about getting massages! I'm not just making this stuff up!)

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 10:25PM
ooojen(z4MN)

Lots of good ideas!
Another possibility- a sitting for a family portrait with everybody together again.

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 10:40PM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Oooh! Good one, jen!

Bookmark   March 23, 2006 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
My Spider Plant Again......
Out of all my plants this one just seems to get everything....
MrBlubs
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Pothos Problems
My poor pothos is struggling. I've attached a few pictures,...
mwhcrew32
help my Imperial Green Philodendron
Hello dears , I've a very beautiful and large Philodendron...
sara03
Jasmine plant in suspended animation
Hi all, Hubby bought me a little jasmine plant for...
vamtngranny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™