Hustle and flow

tootswisc(z4/5Wi)March 7, 2006

You know it's hard out there for a pimp......

I really liked this movie. DH brought it home on a friday night and I thought, if this is painful to watch, I'm falling asleep. But I really liked it. I am glad the song won an oscar. It's strange to like a movie about a pimp who really feels for his "girls" and wants to make something out of their lives.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

We watched 'Crash' last night--very good but not always very happy. (Watched The Curse of the Were-Rabbit a couple nights ago. My son has good taste in DVDs!) I just hurt for those people in 'Crash', and then alternately wanted to shake them for being so hurtful to each other, but just when I'd get too upset there'd be a really nice warm touch. No doubt they'd be better in the theatre.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 1:20AM
chrissy(Maine)

Hey Folks,
I'm terrible, but most of the movies I heard won awards or were even nominated I don't even remember seeing advertised. I didn't watch the oscars either (clearly I need to watch more TV!) What exactly is Crash about? The one about the pimp sounds interesting. I'm going to keep my eye's peeled for it. Did Broke Back win anything? I didn't see it, but lord knows I heard enough about it from my homophobic fiance!
C~

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 1:43PM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

I think there are lot's of great movies out there now-can you tell I am an empty nester!. CRash is about some really harsh characters, a rich "bit**" white woman whose husband is possibly a corrupt political figure up for election, an upper middle class black couple who might be a bit racist. a corrupt cop who has a father who can't afford the medical care he needs. It is a very harsh movie that may make sense in the end. I have not seeen the movie for a while so my explaination is poor. Broke Back did win a few things but not major acting Oscars.

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 7:20PM
More Discussions
Question on pot-up house Azaleas
I have no problem growing florist Azalea as a houseplant....
jujujojo_gw
Help with poinsettia :(
Hello everyone, I really need help with a poinsettia...
oneandtwoarethree
Desert Rose That Will Not Bloom
I have a desert rose that is roughly 4 or 5 years old....
Tiffany Martin
April Flowers
Happy April fools! Let's see your flowers! I for once...
MrBlubs
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
Sponsored Products
Lenox Butterfly Meadow Tea Set
Overstock.com
Vitra | Alcove Love Seat
YLiving.com
MTI New Yorker 2 Tub (65.5" x 41.5" x 22.25")
Modern Bathroom
Ziggy Area Rug - 2' x 3'
Grandin Road
Piccadilly One-piece Loveseat Stretch Slipcover
Overstock.com
'Hustle' Mug
$11.99 | zulily
Nanimarquina | Little Field of Flowers Rug
YLiving.com
Carrom 44 in. Shuffleboard Table Top Game - 650.01
$35.99 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™