buying houseplants on the web

friskoApril 22, 2007

I am looking for a place to order houseplants on the web. I am from Canada so this place should be in Canada or if it should be in U.S. then I would need it to be able to ship to canada.

Do any of you sell houseplants on this site.?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantastic(zone 3 prairies)

I don't think we're supposed to do that.. anyhoo, I also am in Canada. My experience is: order from the few sites in Canada. Ordering from the States for an individual is almost impossible: if you did find someone willing to sell, like Logees, the cost is enormous as it includes a Phytosanitary Certificate. Plus rush shipping. Then once it reaches the border it sits and waits for Customs Officers to examine the box.I would never do it again.What kind of plants did you want? Suggest you just google "house plants Canada" or similar and plod through the listings.Also you have to consider if it's warm enough yet to send through the mail.

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 3:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Frisco, another option is to go to www.gardenwatchdog.com They'll be a window where you select location..(at least there was last time I went there) From there on, browse through houseplants or whatever plant you want to purchase..Goodluck, Toni

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Low-e Windows Effect on Plants
We have lots of house plants. We wish to install energy...
peter_poet
Febuary Flowers
This is my month!! I finally have a decent amount of...
teengardener1888
Hanging Plant Identify & Care
In looking thru My Pictures Library, I found this good...
bobv2
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Will the aphids come back on my overwintered potted strawberry plants?
I had a severe aphid infestation on my potted strawberry...
malsprower
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™