Prom!!!!

fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)May 8, 2006

Guys, I'm having another theme party... !

This one's going to be a Prom Party, and the Prom theme is "Moonlight & Margaritas." Isn't that fabulous? I'm going to have patio lanterns all over the backyard and cardboard cutouts of stars and a moon, and a couple of plastic palm trees, and some tiki torches in the garden, and a margarita bar along the house wall. I'm even going to set up some kind of backdrop against the garage for "prom pictures," and have a vote for Prom King and Queen. Add a bunch of balloons, and baby, you've got yourself a backyard prom!

Does anyone have any suggestions for music? There's only so many times I can play "Margaritaville" before my friends turn on me. I'm thinking of making a couple of mixes, with "prom favourites" from the late 40s onward. But I'd like at least a few thematic tunes on each CD, songs that embody that Margarita Feeling. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm so excited... what will I WEAR? :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Well, you can't have a prom without "Blue Moon"

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 11:09AM
ooojen(z4MN)

I love it!!! Whatever you wear, be sure to have a lovely up-do and a gigantic orchid corsage :)
Gotta have "Stairway to Heaven" (much as I hate to promote it, "Color My World")

Not Prommy, but Margarita-y: "Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo", James Taylor's "Mexico"...I think he re-did it with Jimmy Buffet, "Kokomo", "On and On", "American Dream" (which features Jamaica instead of Mexico, but the feel is there-- ditto "The Pina insert tilde over nsize +1.5> Colada song")
I'll keep thinking--- way cool idea, Shelly!

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 2:05PM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Great tune suggestions, guys!!! Jen, your suggestion of "Mexico" made me think of that Edward Bear song, "You, Me, and Mexico." Ah... my 70s selection will be truly glorious. And I will definitely be having myself one big orchid of a good hair day, I tell you what.

Keep 'em coming!

Bookmark   May 8, 2006 at 2:52PM
More Discussions
How to make this fiddle leaf branch out.
This is a fiddle leaf that I wanted to buy on Craigslist....
Pete
Pine Bark Fines Ontario Canada
Okay...5-1-1 mix! I am having trouble. First off the...
RioSeven
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
The "Show Off" Thread
I love coming to this site for all kinds of useful...
savannaicus
Who am I?
I was at WM and this fellow was on clearance and jumped...
savannaicus
Sponsored Products
Child Craft Classic 4 Drawer Chest - Cherry - F01302.85
$249.90 | Hayneedle
Martini Bowtie Collar
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™