sad phone message

tootswisc(z4/5Wi)June 3, 2006

I stopped home for a second and listened to my phone messages. A friends son is going to Iraq. She invited us to a farewell open house. My reaction to this message was something I have not experienced before. My whole body started tingling and shivering-from my head to my feet. I called and spoke to both the boy and my friend. I tried to give Ben encouragement. I tried to be positive. When I spoke to my friend, I told her I would try my hardest to say prayers for him every day even though I am not very good at praying. She said it might be better if I wrote letters to politicians and demonstrated to bring our troops home. Yuck Yuck Yuck-I really did not like that phone message!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Gosh, toots, I'm so sorry about that. Your friend must be feeling pretty vulnerable right now - how old is Ben?

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 10:08AM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

He must be about 22. He opted to go over next week so that he would be going with people he knew. I guess most of his brigade is over there now.

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 8:09AM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Oh, geez, he's just a little boy.

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 8:28PM
larry_b(Zone5/CO)

Diane,

What an awful phone call. I think I would have a similar reaction. And, my heart goes out to your friend. I cannot imagine having a child be put in harm's way like that. Yes, he is just a boy. I hope that things turn out and that he comes home safe.

Larry

Bookmark   June 25, 2006 at 6:26AM
More Discussions
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
Pepperomia
i have been struggling with this ornery little persnickity...
suyoder
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Do you like Cineraria with larger flowers?
I love spring Cineraria. I love this too -
jujujojo_gw
Can anyone help identify this plant?
I was given this plant a while back from my mother-in-law...
Danielle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™