TransAmerica

larry_b(Zone5/CO)June 25, 2006

Hi all,

Has anyone seen TransAmerica? My wife and I watched it this last week. We thought it was wonderful. It was so well done and very respectful of the people in the movie. Even though there were some sensitive subjects I thought they were all handle very well.

Has anyone else seen the movie?

We also saw an old movie that I think is really worth seeing and seen again. It was Searching for Bobby Fischer. Has anyone here seem that movie?

Anyway, I highly recommend the above if you need something to see next weekend.

Larry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

I loved searching for Bobby Fischer and I really want to see TransAmerica. It is on our pay per view channel right now. Have you seen the Constant Gardener? thats another really good one. Its so nice to tlk to you again Larry-I missed you and have wondered how your violets are doing

Bookmark   June 25, 2006 at 1:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Larry,

Yea, I saw Transamerica when it 1st came out, wanted to see how it was handled, how Felicity Huffman would play it, etc. She was up for an Oscar for it & I've often found her to be an interesting actress. Liked it very much, well handled indeed & sweetly funny, touching in some ways.

i know nothing abt the Bobby Fisher movie. I'd like to see "Devil Wears Prada" due to open next week, should be fun & I think Meryl Streep's just extraordinary (in almost everything she does).

Bookmark   June 28, 2006 at 1:04AM
More Discussions
Will the aphids come back on my overwintered potted strawberry plants?
I had a severe aphid infestation on my potted strawberry...
malsprower
Low-e Windows Effect on Plants
We have lots of house plants. We wish to install energy...
peter_poet
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
Plant identification & care
Are the plants in the photo a variety of Dracaena?...
bobv2
Help!! Plant almost died while i was on vacation
Could my plant be exposed to too much sunlight? Should...
raphael1983
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™