Calling all garden angels!

fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)August 7, 2006

Garden Angels, come cheer with me!

What an exciting day... I went to the mall on Saturday, and bought - wait for it! - a new pair of shoes! My post-surgery foot is still terribly swollen, but the swelling has gone down enough for me to fit into a pair of flip-floppy type deals. Not thongs, with the little between-the-toe thingy, but just a flat sole with a single band across the top.

They're so purty... :) And best of all, they're not my stinky ol' Birkenstocks, which have been the only shoes I'd been able to fit into, and which currently smell like a dead horse. Five weeks + one pair of shoes + sweltering heat = dead horse smell.

Check out my new tootsies:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lunamoon(5 MA)

Looking good!

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 9:51PM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

Goody goody for you!

Yep-that foot looks a bit swollen. Does it feel better?

Bookmark   August 7, 2006 at 10:28PM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Thanks guys! The Foot feels much better. I'm walking more or less normally, although slowly and carefully, and I don't feel quite so Frankensteinish anymore - gimping along with an oversized foot.

In 2-4 weeks, I should be able to start to do "impact activities" again, which - let me tell you - will be *wonderful*. I've been almost completely inactive since May 24th, and I'm starting to feel like a marshmallow :)

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 8:49AM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

Aren't you having the other one done?

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 11:51PM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

Yup, but not until next July. I was initially supposed to get the other foot done this September, but I had no idea how long and painfully inactive the recuperation period would be - four months with no impact is a long, long time. I just can't be inactive for 8 straight months. I would seriously turn into the human marshmallow. Plus, I wouldn't be able to fit into any real shoes once the weather got cold. Sandals are much more forgiving. So next July it is!

Bookmark   August 9, 2006 at 11:12AM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

Just wondering how your tootsies are.

Bookmark   September 12, 2006 at 10:38PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

& where you've diappeared to (if I may be so nosy). Let me guess, Fall's almost here, is school back in session?

Bookmark   September 13, 2006 at 1:04PM
fishies(Ottawa z4a or 5)

School is indeed back in. I'm preparing for comprehensive exams, hammering out a project proposal, and preparing to teach the first course I've ever taught. egad! I'm over at the Hot Topics forum more regularly, but even when I check in at the C&S forum, it seems rather dead. Has anyone else noticed that?

My foot's doing fabulously, thanks! :) It's starting to feel more and more like "my" foot. At first it was like some alien appendage that had somehow been attached to my body. I can put more impact on it - I even ran (in a hobbling kind of way) for the bus last week :) It's still a little swollen and stiff (which my doctor assures me is normal for this surgery), but I have no pain. I'm very happy with the no pain :)

How are you all doing?

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
"Heirloom" geraniums, coleus, impatiens etc.
perhaps this isn't exactly a houseplant question......
grimesel1993
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Alii Ficus
Ok, today I picked up an Alii Ficus. Thing is, I spotted...
Joe1980
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™