For anyone living in Chicago

deefar(zone 5 NY)November 18, 2005

Last night my husband and I went to an awake, a really good friend died. While at the service I found out that he died in Chicago but I'm not sure where in Chicago. He was D.O.A at the scene on Nov.12th. He was driving a delivery van and was found inside it. I was wondering if anyone has read anything in the local Chicago newspapers about this? I'm assuming that if this was in the papers it would have been on Nov.12-or 13th. If anyone still has those newspapers could you please let me know by e-mailing me.

Thank you,

Dawn Farley

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ooojen(z4MN)

As I said elsewhere, I'm really sorry about your loss of a good friend. I had hoped some of our Chicago regulars would be able to help you out, but apparently no one had an old paper. I hope you've been able to find some information and fill in the details of what happened.

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 5:59PM
deefar(zone 5 NY)

Jen, I had a couple of people who live in the Chicago area go through their papers and came up with nothing. Must not have made the papers. We have to wait 3 weeks for the test to come back. The medical examiners say that he might have died from the flu. Thank you for your thoughts.

Dawn

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 9:53PM
mrbrownthumb(z5 Chicago)

Oh deefar,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I usually watch the news and nothing rings a bell with the story of your friend. It seems like such a strange death and something that might have gotten a mention.

I hope you can find one. If you can narrow down the date he was found. I can check that day's paper at the library or the next days paper. I have a library a couple of blocks from my house. It wouldn't be too much trouble.

Send me an e-mail and if I can find anything out I will reply with a scan if there's an article.

MBT

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 10:40PM
deefar(zone 5 NY)

MBT, He was found on the 13th of Nov. He was last heard from on the 11th of Nov, late evening. If it was in the papers it would have been on the 13th or 14th.

Thank you,

Dawn

Bookmark   November 24, 2005 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
Advice needed - Frostbitten Schefflera
Hi all. Seven days ago, I moved house and took a couple...
massakyr - Zone 2b
Parlor palm (Chamaedorea elegans) seeds, male vs. female
Though they bloom like crazy, this is the first time...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Rubber tree plant questions
Hi all, I have a rubber tree plant that I'm trying...
dbforr
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
My Calathea is blooming - hehe
Flowers look pretty good!
jujujojo_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™