Syriana

tootswisc(z4/5Wi)December 22, 2005

I think that is how you spell it. What a powerful movie. I felt like it was alot of work to watch it. It was really well done. I highly recomend it but it is not a Christmas day movie.

I was really into the show time special sleeper cell. I feel overwhelmed with terrorism and US policies right now. All in all, the world is just a mess.

My hope again for this year is world peace

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catalina_101(UK)

Thanks--I'll try to see it.

I saw Brokeback Mountain last weekend and it is THE best movie I've seen in years. I was blown away and I can't stop thinking about it.

Bookmark   December 22, 2005 at 11:57PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hiya Cat (long time no see),

Really, I keep reading/hearing it's a gay cowboy movie. While I DO have many gay friends (men, not women) somehow, it's just not calling me to see it. Pls. can you try & say what you liked abt it?

I am curious abt Syriana tho' (hear it's pretty intense) & am a GREAT fan of George Clooney.

Bookmark   December 23, 2005 at 12:27AM
ooojen(z4MN)

Brokeback Mountain sounds awfully sad. There just can't be such tangled up relationships without a lot of people experencing a lot of hurt. I'm not an ostrich, but I like happy endings...probably why I only go to a couple of movies a year. (The last one I saw was, "Curse of the Were-rabbit" with little DD. Pretty typical.) I do enjoy "spy/thriller" types, but there has to be some sort of redemption at the end, or I won't really enjoy it. I know that's not reality, but I feel like there's plenty of reality out there to see for free.

Bookmark   December 23, 2005 at 12:40PM
tootswisc(z4/5Wi)

I bet the Sara Jessica Parker movie will be funny. The one about the graduate looks good too-chick flicks.

Bookmark   December 24, 2005 at 12:25AM
More Discussions
My Calathea is blooming - hehe
Flowers look pretty good!
jujujojo_gw
Diatomaceous Earth vs. Fired Clay in Gritty Mix
I've seen Napa Floor-Dry (8822), which is diatomaceous...
kwie2011
Do you like Cineraria with larger flowers?
I love spring Cineraria. I love this too -
jujujojo_gw
Peace Lily
i want to try and grow peace lily plant from seed,...
lulu627
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™