cucumber help!

jskinnerJuly 19, 2012

I have about 10 cucumber plants in my raised bed (12ft x 4 ft) and the image attached shows some yellowing of some of the leaves. These plants were mowed through by deer one night (ughhh!) and what you see are what remains. Is this a fungus from too much water or possibly a pest that i need to eradicate? Doing this the organic way so I'm staying away from non-organic pesticides.

thanks in advance!

JS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
samsthumb

Looks fungal, spray in cool of day with Daconil (Garden Disease Control). Have to wait at least a day to harvest, wash well.

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 6:32PM
jskinner

Thanks for the daconil suggestion but that stuff seems pretty toxic. Trying to go the organic route so i'll use an oranic fungicide i already have. Didnt want to spray anything until i found out the problem first.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 11:16AM
lizbeth_pa

Sorry about your cukes! and the deer. You might put a good, tall fence around your gardens and keep it close to the raised beds. The deer won't be able to jump the fence that way. Just make sure the fencing is taller than an avg deer would be! They will chow down on stuff growing along the fence but that could also be solved by surrounding the fence w/ a good mesh like you have in your pic. It will cost a little at first, but then you'll have that yr after yr. A good dog will help chase deer away! lol! That yellowing leaf could be a lot of things other than fungus. Might be the cukes are getting too much water, maybe not enough plant food, nutrients, could be the cucumber beetle, but the upper leaves look healthy. Cut off those yellowing leaves and see what happens!

Bookmark   July 22, 2012 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
pepper problems
Hey everyone! My pepper blossoms are falling off! I...
Ankjlkhu Bkjjghfy
Planting two seeds. Should I keep both?
I've always heard you should plant 2-3 seeds per container...
asunk00
More efficient planting
Found this in the Oklahoma Gardening forum... tube...
nugrdnnut
Artichoke Failure, HELP!!!
I am in zone 7a, middle TN, and attempting to grow...
Trinacria
What's Growing On Inside This Winter
Been getting all my vegetables started for my spring/summer...
onkloudnyne
Sponsored Products
Coral Coast Hubbard Adirondack Chair and Ottoman and Side Table - Dark Brown - 3
$199.96 | Hayneedle
Domino 3 Drawer Dresser - T420400000004
Hayneedle
Grow Bag 10 gal. - 20 Packs of 10 - HGB10GAL
$119.99 | Hayneedle
C and F Enterprises Providence Cucumber Bedding Set - CFID200
$133.99 | Hayneedle
Godinger Glass Porcelain 2.2 gal. Beverage Dispenser - 8390
$74.14 | Hayneedle
Home Essentials Galvanized Del Sol Jug - 1874
$34.00 | Hayneedle
Compamia ISP052-TSG Crystal Polycarbonate Modern Dining Chair - Transparent Smok
$569.99 | Hayneedle
All American 941 41.5 Quart Pressure Cooker Canner - 941
$384.06 | Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™