Temperature fluctuations

MrBlubs(3a)January 27, 2014

Almost all of my plants are in my room with a south facing window.
Today I was movin some stuff and realised how hot I was getting standing in the sun beam. And it was -10 outside. So I got one of those rh meters that also shows the tempreture and put it far away from the beam
It measured at around 40 rh and 19 degrees.
I then moved it to the window sill in the direct sun and it went to
18 rh and 44 degrees!
I then moved it to the very back of my room in the sun beam and it went to 27 rh and 34 degrees
Then at night it goes to around 50 rh and 15-17 degrees.
The sun beam eventually hits all my plants so will these wacko temps effect them negativley?
If so how can I make it not?
Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicbreezent

If you had a fan going in the room it would even out the temperature and humidity much more. So less of the extremes.

Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 4:21AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

This sounds like a much closer approximation to natural conditions than a constant temp all day/night. Where does that happen in nature? Is it good to emulate nature in this way? IDK but the same thing happens here.

Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 9:58AM
MrBlubs(3a)

I guess Ill use the fan thing in summer as Im trying to get all the warmth I can get.
Yeah I guess its true.... I was just wondering if it could scortch the leaves or something bad but it didn't really seem to do anything...yet.... dun dun dunnnn
Thanks for the help!

Bookmark   January 27, 2014 at 10:38PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

It's so cold, we closed off the front room where a ton of my plants are. It was 52 in there this morning, that'll have to do. Really hoping it warms up some today, only about 10ð warmer in this room. Come on, â¼! Please make the temp go âÂÂ! Enough âÂÂâÂÂâÂÂ.

I agree with both of the above. No matter which way the ceiling fan is going, the added air movement makes me cold in the room where I'm sitting. The one I leave running is in the front room where people only pass through. When all of the doors are open, which they usually are, it seems to be plenty to keep air circulating gently through the other rooms. That's what I'm able to do for air movement w/o making us feel colder.

Peace â® âÂÂ!! (How bored am I this morning?)

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
Transplant Help!!?
What's the best way to break up a really compact root...
halocline
Can anyone help identify this plant?
I was given this plant a while back from my mother-in-law...
Danielle
Adenium seedlings
HI all, I haven't posted here in a couple years now......
ttkidd
Spider plant vs Mother-in-Law's Tongue: Day vs Night
I know that Spider plant and Mother-in-Law's Tongue...
dert17
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™