Anyone like grape ivy?

elkay_gwJanuary 30, 2011

(aka cissus rhombifolia, right?)

I like it - I've had mine for years and years.

I also have had the kangaroo vine (c. antarctica) which I hope to have again. Anyone have a piggyback plant? I had one when I lived in CA. I'm going to get one this summer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

I love GRape Ivy. Yours is absolutely beautiful. Wow..
Here's mine, but it's nowhere as pretty as yours.

I have a, I think, Antarctica, but can't find a pic..too lazy to snap one..lol..

I'm planning on getting two Piggybacks this summer. Green and variegated. Getting them at Accents. Can't wait til temps warm..lol. Toni

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 4:51PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I love the looks of grape ivy but it was the only plant I ever had that developed powdery mildew inside! That was ages ago and I haven't bought another one.

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 6:06AM
jaxondel

C. rhombifolia and it's sports are among my favorite house plants. Elkay's photo above is the species; Hopeful Author's appears to be the sport 'Ellen Danica' (aka 'Oakleaf'). My very favorite is C. rhombifolia 'Mandiana'. Unfortunately, that variety seems to be lost to commerce. I grew it a number of years ago, and passed it along to a neighbor when we were posted overseas. It was the first plant I tried to replace when we retuned, but haven't been able to locate it anywhere. All of the grape ivies are difficult to propagate and rather slow to grow. Consequently, they're not of much interest to the large-scale wholesale operations. Too bad, because the various members of the rhombifolia group make really terrific house plants.

If any indoor gardener here knows of a source for C. rhombifolia 'Mandiana', PLEASE let me know.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 10:41PM
More Discussions
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Droopy Pachira aquatica in 3:1:1
Hi, Last year I planted our 7 year old pachira aquatica...
true_blue (MTL CAN Z4)
Pothos Problems
My poor pothos is struggling. I've attached a few pictures,...
mwhcrew32
Moister Measurement
I recall having a very useful tool that I could stick...
bobv2
Advice for house plant --- very little sunshine, pics included
Would any of these plants work for a bedroom that gets...
bob131313
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™