Older Threads

birdsnbloomsJanuary 29, 2011

Has anyone else noticed old threads, old as in 2006, are appearing on page one of house plants?

What's happened?

Are people too shy to start a new thread or did The House Plant Forum get so repetitive, people, possibly newbies, find old threads more appealing?

I've been here since 2002, read, suggested and learned a lot over the years. House Plant Forum is my favorite forum, and I'd hate to see it go down the drain.

In fact, I tried editing 'Favorite Forums' but for some reason it doesn't work. I believe IVillage is working on these problems?

There's a zillion and one plants to discuss, pics to post, and a simple hello to a familar face, well, screen name is always nice.

My question is, why are older threads surfacing more than ever? Toni

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

Can you provide us with a link? I am trying to get an older thread to appear on page one and cannot cause it to happen. BTW, yes, they are tinkering with the programming from time to time.

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 4:14PM
gobluedjm

The favorite forums have never been right in my profile despite me correcting them a couple times. I find forums as my faves that I have never visited.

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 4:17PM
birdsnblooms

Albert, not sure what you're asking, but two older threads on page 1 is, 'Wall mounted plant holders,' the second is 'tree frog,' something or other. Is that what you mean?
If you're looking for a specific thread, go to 'Search,' on the top, under the forum heading, type in a word/plant related to whichever you're looking for.
For instance, let's say I wanted to bring up an older thread about Pothos. I'd type Pothos in the Search box..plus an option to look in 'house plant forum,' or 'Entire Site.' Hope this helps.

Goblue..that's strange. lol..When you first regestered, came upon the question that asked, list your favorite forums, did you fill them in or leave blank? Toni

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 4:40PM
amccour

My hobby: Reading a post, respond to something someone said in the post, realizing that the post is pretty old after I've typed out my response, and then noticing that I'm replying to myself.

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 4:59PM
birdsnblooms

Amccour...ROFL!

Bookmark   January 29, 2011 at 5:54PM
windeaux

Autolalia: talking to oneself.

There's a whole lot of that on this forum, & there has been for a very long while. Surely I'm not the only one to have figured that out. Here, multiple sreen names doesn't automatically eqate to multiple distinct individuals. The resurrection of old threads is undoubtedly a new facet of the same old dynamic.

Bookmark   February 2, 2011 at 12:04AM
More Discussions
Many websites have indoor Azalea care information wrong
From my personal experience, Azalea can adjust to heat...
jujujojo_gw
Need help reviving Fiddle Leaf!
Hi, I am a first time houseplant owner and recently...
Lacey Scripture
Droopy Pachira aquatica in 3:1:1
Hi, Last year I planted our 7 year old pachira aquatica...
true_blue
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™