Love plant????

nikkilynnJanuary 10, 2007

Had anyone ever heard of a love plant and have a picture.

We are lookong for a plant that my friend had years ago.

it grows only if there is lots of love in the house and if something tragic happens like divorce and can die. Any help would be great

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucy(6)

It would certainly help if you could describe the plant, the shape of the leaves, texture, edges, etc. and whether it grew upright, or as a vine, or whether it got woody stems, flowers, color, etc.

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 8:06AM
gabro14

Hi Nikki,

Check the thread you put in the C+S forum. I don't know what plant you're talking about, but if you're looking for a cute valentine's day plant, Hoya Kerrii is great. Each leaf is shaped like a heart. The leaves are succulent. I posted some links on the C+S forum...check em out :)
Gabi

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 11:59AM
nanw_4wi(4/SW WI)

Seems I've heard Bryophyllum pinnatum/Kalanchoe pinnata called 'Love Plant'.

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 12:38PM
nikkilynn

Thank you to all of you that tried to help me, it was much appreciated. nanw 4wi you were right on the Kalanchoe pinnata, this is the one. My friend came over and I let her see the pics and that is the one she was referring to. Thank you again to all of you.

Nikki

Bookmark   January 11, 2007 at 11:18PM
jdkind(zone 6)

hello nikki. I was given a leaf said to be from the bahamas or caribean and was told it was called a love plant.from that leaf i have a 3' beautiful plant whitch has large leaves that resemble a jade leaf fat with riged edge. it looses leaves often witch are very fertil. the leaves grow babys in days. my plant doesnot flower and loves the summertime. When i learn how to up load pics i'll show you. I have googled and searched and can't find anything that even resembles it.

joseph
ps any help loading pictures is greatly app.

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 9:44AM
jdkind(zone 6)

hello again well after some searching i have to say nan has it right Bryophyllum pinnatum/Kalanchoe pinnata. looks like it but most pics show flowers my has never flowered and i know of have a dozen other offspring that has never flowered.
Joseph

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 10:02AM
More Discussions
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Is bud blast of big-box store Phalaenopsis genetic?
I love houseplants. Phals make great houseplants. I...
jujujojo_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™