Houseplants to Trade and Questions

plantmedicJanuary 29, 2011

Hi- I am new to GW. I have a Green Thumb when it comes to Spider Plants, Pothos(Varigated) and Philodendron, Snake Plant (Mother-In Law Tongue), Christmas Cactus. I would like to trade for some other plants if someone wants to trade clippings... I have about 100 plants in my house (from 35+ years of propagating plants)..Have also started new Weepping Fig from cuttings from Tree..Looking for some variety and to get some new plants to expand like: Jade, Wandering Jew, Aloe Vera, Elephant Ears, Pepperomia, succulents in general would be fun to have. I have adopted many plants and trees over the years that people were discarding because they were dying and I revived..

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to get started?

I recently shipped Pothos and Snake to friend in Michigan from New York, went fine.

How do you post pictures, I have another tree I keep make into plants, but dont know what it is...Maybe someone will recognize it??? Anyone know how to get clippings from a Skrew Pine, looks like has babies, not sure how to propagate that one, just got a few months ago, doing beautiful. How many clippings do people normally send when trading?

Lots of questions, thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Plant Medic, welcome, I'm in NY, too, NYC.

It's a bit early to talk swap given the season & the weather, but there is an area called the Exchange Page (see the top page where you entered here), wherre folks post what they're looking for & what they've got to offer.

I'll leave discussing the posting of pix for someone else.

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 2:48AM
gobluedjm

Create an account on a free picture hosting site like photobucket.com
Upload your pic there, then just simply copy the html code into your post here so the pic will display in your post...thats easier than following a link etc for most people.

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 3:04PM
marquest(z5 PA)

I agree the weather is to bad now to send trades especially houseplants and all my hardy plants are buried under 2 feet of snow. LOL

As far as how many clippings to send. I always ask my trader what they want. One, two three clipping. Do they want me to root before sending. What do they want to send and how many clippings and if they are rooted.

I always try to send what I would want to receive, When you are as generous with your trader as you would like to be treated you will never go wrong.

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 3:01PM
elichka(6b)

Hi plantmedic, if you live in NYC area I could share some Jade clippings w/you.We could meet. Otherwise, its too cold to ship right now,especially now shipping is too slow. Let me know. My email ifarber7@hotmail.com

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
New ZZ Plant - Questions and Concerns
Picked up this ZZ Plant at the Philadelphia Flower...
ehuns27 7a PA
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™