Yellow-Brown spots on Zee Zee plant leaves

naimaJanuary 29, 2014

Hello,

I purchased a zee zee plant almost two month ago and the plant looks healthy overall. I water it once a week since it's summer and hot here. For last 2 weeks I have been observing yellow to brown spots on few leaves of this plant. These spots are not only on the lower leaves ( I suppose that might be symptom of being deciduous ? ) but also on the leaves on the upper part of the stems.

This morning I have removed two leaves which were total yellow brownish . It was not limited to spot , rather the whole leaves looked yellow and sick. After removing them I have taken attached photo on which you can see a leaf started with same problem.

Any idea what is causing this issue ? I usually keep this plant inside. But it was on balcony under full sun for few days . Also once I have seen one grasshopper on its leaves. Is this problem due to over/under watering or any disease? What should I do now for a healthy, disease free zee zee plant ?

Regards
Naima

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

"I usually keep this plant inside. But it was on balcony under full sun for few days ."

I'd suspect sunburn.

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 9:17AM
plantomaniac08(8)

naima,
I see you're from Australia. I'll second Purple's opinion, I'd suspect sunburn. If not acclimated to direct sun over a period of time, plants can burn.

Planto

This post was edited by plantomaniac08 on Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 10:39

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 10:29AM
naima

Thank you guys. I am keeping this plant indoor now on a well lit place. Lets see ...

Bookmark   January 31, 2014 at 1:39AM
More Discussions
Advice for house plant --- very little sunshine, pics included
Would any of these plants work for a bedroom that gets...
bob131313
Adenium seedlings
HI all, I haven't posted here in a couple years now......
ttkidd
Rubber tree plant questions
Hi all, I have a rubber tree plant that I'm trying...
dbforr
Is bud blast of big-box store Phalaenopsis genetic?
I love houseplants. Phals make great houseplants. I...
jujujojo_gw
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™