Please help re my poorly fiddle leaf fig

Neeniej9February 5, 2013

Can you help

the bottom leaves of this have fallen off. They go brown at the tips and then fall off. I've watered recently but let it dry out as it recommends. I wonder if it's just too dark in here? I live in the Highlands of Scotland so we dont get much light in the winter. What should I do?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Neeniej9

Also the top leaves look rusty like this

Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 7:31AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb. I agree it sounds like your plant may not be getting enough light. That orangish leaf kind of looks like the turkey fig trees here when they get rust but I don't know if this kind of Ficus can get rust like that. Other thing to look at would be the roots. If they're staying soggy, especially in the colder temps of winter, the plant won't like that. Is there still some room in the pot for them to grow? A hole for excess water to escape?

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 10:17AM
zusya

It's unusual to get that orangey color at the top in when it ISN'T sunburn. I'd guess you have root rot or spider mites. If it's flecked with silvery and orange spots, check for spider mite webs and take appropriate steps. If it's root rot, since it's already at the crown, you may be too late. Are you seeing any fungus gnats around the soil?

Good luck, keep us updated!

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 10:43AM
More Discussions
mini indoor palm tree dilemma help please!
Hey guys, I have a mini palm tree in my bedroom. It...
queenofhearts3
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™