"gritty" potting mix

gcotterl(9)February 26, 2014

Where can I buy a pre-packaged potting mix (like Al's Gritty Mix, Fafard's 51 or Fafard's 52) in Southern California? (I live in Riverside CA; 60 miles east of Los Angeles).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

For the Fafard's - you'll need to call around to see if anyone has or will order it for you. You might find some soils around that people are selling and calling the gritty mix, but if it isn't screened so the particles are appropriate in size, they won't manifest the concept the gritty mix embodies. I don't know how much you need, but you should be able to find the ingredients w/o too much trouble. There are a few "where to find stuff" threads about the gritty mix over at the Container Forum, too.


This post was edited by tapla on Wed, Feb 26, 14 at 18:10

    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia


Try Orange County Farm Supply. They might have some things you are looking for. ( OC)

Good luck!!


    Bookmark   February 26, 2014 at 6:14PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
Do you like Cineraria with larger flowers?
I love spring Cineraria. I love this too -
Rubber tree plant questions
Hi all, I have a rubber tree plant that I'm trying...
umbrella plant care
I recently bought an indoor umbrella plant just like...
Droopy Pachira aquatica in 3:1:1
Hi, Last year I planted our 7 year old pachira aquatica...
true_blue (MTL CAN Z4)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™