toxic to the dog?
Last weekend my 8 year old mutt stopped eating and pooping, by MOnday sick from both ends and off to the vet, where nothing scary was found, and their verdict was she "must have eaten something".
Well there are several feet of snow on the ground, she gets walked twice a day, never off the lead. And no change in food, and she didn't get into the cats' litter box. It was a mystery until they asked about houseplants. I thought I was fine - a few AFrican Violets, a jade plant, a Christmas cactus, all safe I thought. Then I remembered the Christmas cyclamen, which I had carried through the house to the kitchen for a general deadheading/pot clean up. I don't remember dropping any leaves on the way. But I found a site - dogpack.com - that had lists of toxic plants, and cyclamen is on it! It is possible that one of the wilted leaves fell off, and she ate it (scarfs up lots of floor stuff - but there wasn't any chocolate in the house, and I am careful about onions.)
Anyway, there wasn't any proof, but the circumstantial evidence points that way. She is fine now, after a week of expensive food and probiotic powder to replace all the good stuff that her gut lost to the scouring out. And I am bringing that plant to my office - carefully.