Peace lily care thread

sgvaibhavFebruary 13, 2014

So I live in zone 11.
I will be posting some pictures of my peace lily and I want to know how is my plant doing (general checkup) and how can I do better

Photos -https://www.dropbox.com/sh/flv6y28nsl99eh8/wNMqXNbtet

I had this plant for an year an it looked like the plant needed repotting so I got it repotted into a bigger pot. I was not aware that extremely huge pot can do harm to the plant.

Anyways I didn't know until 3 weeks ago that this plant does not like direct sunlight so I keep in a room with south window. I used to move it in direct sunlight before but I stopped now.
Leaf shape may look abnormal because the corners and tips either brown out or become yellow so I cut them off.
I water plant every 3 or 4 days with exactly one glass of water.
I tried misting the plant but the leaves actually get wet and the leaf structure doesn't look good so can someone tell me how to mist the plant

I think there are no pest except some springtails - rare.
So judge on how my plant is doing and how should I water it.
Also the corner of this trimmed leaf continues turning brown and leaf tip turning yellow although I am absolutely avoiding direct sunlight.
Some leaf esp big leaf look yellow.. Anything wrong? The photos are 7 days old and I am telling present story

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Sorry, but I don't think your shared photos work that way here; I wasn't able to open them.

You may wish to read up around here on Peace Lily care (Spathyphyllum).

I don't get the signifance of 'exactly' one glass of water.

Maybe you don't realize a glass of water could be a 4 oz glass or a 12 oz glass & that's a big difference btwn the 2, so I can't tell how much you're watering.

I'd forget the misting completely, sounds like you're already overwatering (every 3/4 days you said) & misting, that's likely to be too much.

I'd imagine if you get your mix & watering right, you won't need any misting at all. Sorry I can't see what things look like.

Bookmark   February 13, 2014 at 10:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
auron22(6b OH)

From the photos, soil doesn't look too good and the pot a bit too large...I would wait till others chime in though I'm not sure. Every 3/4 days in that soil/pot? I agree with pirate_girl, sounds like overwatering. I only water my peace lily when the leaves start to droop, for me that is about once a week. I think it is all peat mix, haven't taken it out of it's pot from when I brought it home yet. I'll get around to it eventually....I'm sure your peace lily will bounce back just from holding back on the water. Best of luck to you :)

Bookmark   February 14, 2014 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
My Spider Plant Again......
Out of all my plants this one just seems to get everything....
MrBlubs
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Has anyone grown a coffee tree?
Hi Im curious has anyone tried growing a coffee tree?...
cynandjon
Hanging Plant Identify & Care
In looking thru My Pictures Library, I found this good...
bobv2
Spot for Calathea ornata and Ctenanthe oppenheimiana tricolor
Will they like the same spot as my Marantha leuconeura? Beside...
MsGreenFinger GW
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™