yay! scored at home depot!

woollady(z8 CA)February 1, 2014

hi everyone,today i was at HD and they had a section of plants for sale for anywhere for $1.00,$2.00,$4.00 up to $7.50. i scored 3 plants:a yellow flowering reiger begonia with a ceramic pot,a pretty pink cyclamen with a ceramic pot,and a large philo,prince of orange.im so excited about the philo,because ive wanted one for a while.it's been either hard to find this one,or the price was too much.im happy to bring these three home.they are in decent shape.just needd to clean them up a little,checked for bugs,they had none.just wanted to let you all know! LOL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caro123_gw(3NH)

Great deal- just for the pots alone. I am way out of your zone so hopefully someone will chime in on the plants. Cyclamen kind of like cool,indirect light and go dormant with heat. The Prince of Orange I know that at least one member here has that.I think it is Purple but could be wrong. I had a Reiger but pretty positive it has bit the dust- brought it in for the winter-didn't make it.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 6:58PM
love_the_yard(z9A Jax FL)

Excellent! Only the philo would work for me, but would be worth the trip. I have Philodendron 'Moonlight' and just love it. It sailed through winter without any problem at all - not even a hint of frostbite from the several hard freezes we have had. I may swing into THD in the next few days. Thank you!

Carol in Jacksonville

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 7:22PM
zzackey(8b GA)

Cyclamen were spider mite magnets back in the 80's. I don't know if they still are. They love the cold weather, around 50 degrees is perfect for them.

Bookmark   February 1, 2014 at 7:43PM
More Discussions
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™