Friday night plant shopping

Sarah1502February 23, 2013

Last night my daughter and I were in a different town and stopped by the Lowes there. That particular Lowes certainly had a much better plant department than the one close to us. There were many more choices and the plants looked healthier. I picked up a spider plant (already named her Charlotte), a rex begonia, and an african violet. My daughter bought the orchid. (I already had the calathea in the background.) The new additions have helped to brighten up this rainy dreary weekend.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AsarumGreenPanda(z6 MA)

What a pretty and cheerful group--they look so good with each other like that (as well as individually, of course). Thanks for the photo! It helps with the dreary weather here, too.
Hope you're enjoying the new plants.

Amanda

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 7:32PM
plantsaremylife_grow(5b)

Nice plants! I love that Begonia! That's the way to spend a Friday night!

Kyle

Bookmark   February 23, 2013 at 7:45PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

That's an amazing haul for a L's. I have mixed feelings about BBS's but glad they're doing better lately, and it looks like you scored bigtime!

I'm trying not to buy a pretty pink Rex at "my new garden center" but it's hard when people put up such pretty pics! Silver is awesome too.

I've wanted to buy an orchid many times but unless someone holds it all the way home, I've never been confident it would make the trip without breaking. Do they not usually like heat? It also seems like when I see them it's cold and I wonder if that's OK or if damage would show up after getting it home... does that one have any scent?

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 10:39AM
Sarah1502

Hi Purple!

This is our first experience with an orchid. My daughter has wanted one for some time and she had some birthday money with her. She held it all the way home.

This one does not have a scent. We currently have it in a small bathroom with a covered south facing window. It gets plenty of humidity there. The tag just says to keep the temp at 50 and above. We'll see how it does.

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 1:15PM
teengardener1888(NY Albany 5a)

Good luck with the orchid. mi kill them by looking at them

Bookmark   February 27, 2013 at 2:57PM
More Discussions
help me identify this plant
It's indoor, never flowers, has kind of waxy, viney...
princessasamuela
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
Is bud blast of big-box store Phalaenopsis genetic?
I love houseplants. Phals make great houseplants. I...
jujujojo_gw
Do you like Cineraria with larger flowers?
I love spring Cineraria. I love this too -
jujujojo_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™