Someone suggested on the Azalea forum that I take my inquiry to this area so here it is:
Hi there ^.^
I'm thinking about getting an Azalea in the Spring. I was looking for some info on here but can't quite find what I need seeing as I'll be looking after a potted one, not planting one in my garden.
So there's a few questions I have...
1. I don't have air conditioning, I live in Ontario so it gets pretty damn hot and humid here in the Summer. I know Azaleas like it cool... would it be enough if I kept a fan on it?
2. How much watering does it need?
3. What are the light requirements? Does an indirect source from an east facing window suffice?
4. When do the flowers bloom? How often in a year?
5. How long do the flowers last?
6. How do I guarantee it will bloom again?
7. If I want to repot it, how? With what kind of medium?