Spotting on Pothos leaves

plutacratic77February 13, 2012

Hey everybody. I've dealt with a lot of Pothos in my day, and yet have I come upon this problem. I have two Golden Pothos (6" containers), relatively new from the nursery (4 months), sitting right next to each other, with the same affliction that I can't identify. I've attached a link to a photo. They sit on top of some filing cabinets, 3-4 feet directly below a quite large fluorescent light panel (typical of offices). They receive no natural light. The plants, overall, seem healthy, at least structurally; watering and office conditions have both been very consistent. These little dark spots began to show up almost immediately after they came from the nursery, and it is not going away. I wonder if it has anything to do with the lights? Is it a bacterial infection? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden Pothos

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

I've never seen anything like that before. I'd take it back to the Seller & ask for a refund.

Bookmark   February 13, 2012 at 10:17PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Plutacratic,
Yes, it does seem to be a disease of some kind. If you want to keep it. Spray with a Rose Bush fungicide for black spot. Cut all the diseased leaves off of the plant.
Or, I agree with PG, take them back if you still can. Any way keep it away from all other plants you have.

Bookmark   February 15, 2012 at 6:10PM
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

I've one that looks like the OP pictures. It started to look this way when the winter sun was low and it was getting a lot of almost direct sunlight. I moved it away form the window and it is looking better. Coincidence perhaps.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 3:25PM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

I realize I'm out of my element, but it really looks like thrips (feeding sites) to me.

Bookmark   February 16, 2012 at 9:36PM
More Discussions
Dracaenas Identify & Care
Here are two plants that I know are Dracaenas but I...
bobv2
Dying Yukka Plant! Help!
Hi everyone, I have a yukka tree that is about 9 years...
fortunespace
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
"Heirloom" geraniums, coleus, impatiens etc.
perhaps this isn't exactly a houseplant question......
grimesel1993
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™