I created an account on this website in the hopes that someone could identify this plant for me. So what is it? At the moment it's about two and a half feet tall and could probably get a lot bigger if the pot was up-sized.
Appears to be Kalanchoe diagremontiana.
Thank you rhizo_1! It's a good thing I'm a very curious person because if I wasn't, I would not have learned that the thing is poisonous.
Welcome to GW, Awc. Unless you eat some of your plant, it's harmless.
I agree..As long as you don't desire a bite or two for lunch you have nothing to worry about. :)
Do you have children/pets?
Although Kalanchoe is somewhat toxic, there are plants far more dangerous to handle or ingest. Toni
I don't think there are any dangers from handling any Kalanchoe, either by casual contact with the unbroken outer surface or the sap. Somebody please inform is if there is any evidence to the contrary.
Having never had plants where pets or small kids could access them, and zero curiosity in regard to tasting, I've never kept track of that aspect of toxicity.
Hi Purple...if you're referring to my comment, I didn't mean Kalanchoes. I was talking about other plants.
To this day I will not buy Dieffenbachia. It's been 32-years since I've own one..although they're so pretty.
I will not buy Oleander either, although after spotting a variegated tree, I was so tempted.