An EXCELLENT Fertilizer Choice:

tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)March 23, 2008

Yesterday, I was doing some research, trying to help out a person who had contacted me by e-mail. As I was searching the net, I found a fertilizer that was unknown to me, but now after having discovered it, I'm very excited about it. I'm not sure how long it's been on the market, but it has a 3:1:2 ratio and a full compliment of all the minors. It also has only 1/3 of its N in ammoniacal form, so for those who put their plants outdoors - cool weather and/or periods of low microorganism activity shouldn't cause problems with (often undiagnosed) ammoniacal toxicity like the fertilizers deriving their N from urea.

I'm not going to link to it directly, but you can find out more about it by using the search words Foliage-Pro 9-3-6.

After studying the label, I can tell it's a well-thought-out fertilizer because the % of nutrients soo closely matches plants' actual usage, and by the fact that all the nutrients are available in the proper ratios to prevent antagonisms (between nutrients, which can cause uptake problems). The manufacturer has even made allowances for nutrient levels normally found in container media.

Take care

Al

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eileen_plants

Thanks so much, Al, I've been searching for a micronutrient formula without success for months now. And the only ferilizer formula I could find with a 3-1-2 ratio was in pellet form. This one looks perfect! I just ordered a quart and can't wait for it to be delivered. You're the best!

Eileen

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 11:28AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bihai(zone 9)

If you want non-urea nitrogen fertilizers, look at orchid ferts. Most have the "good" nitrogen, LOL.

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 4:32PM
More Discussions
It hursts so that my Pachira Aquatica "money tree" plant is hurting so
Hi all, love this site and I finally joined! I've read...
mobbsuit_beasley
Dying Yukka Plant! Help!
Hi everyone, I have a yukka tree that is about 9 years...
fortunespace
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Does anyone know the name of this plant?
Aran Yeo
Unknown house plant
I bought this Exotic Angel plant at Home Depot and...
bouldergrower
Help me save my cat Palm!!
Hi, I've had my palm for almost a year now, the first...
connor55
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™