please identify cucumber problem

BasicPokeJuly 2, 2014

Hello, I am having a problem on some of the leaves of my cucumber. Please see pic. This started near the ground and is moving up. It seems to be limited to the longest vine (or whatever it's called, I don't mean one plant). I see some black beetles about 1/4" long here and there but they are not concentrated on the affected leaves.

What is this and what can I do about it?

(I also posted this in Oklahoma Gardening on this site but not getting any answers.)
Thanks
Ron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Maxim1122

I think I had that problem with my cucumbers before, and I'm not sure but my best bet would be it's downy mildew..
Nothing is 100% effective on this disease except for preventing it from happening at the first place. You just wait until the cucumbers will die, and I'm not sure but I heard that if you'll apply a copper based fungicide on leaves it'll help, but it'll only slow it down a bit and not completely stop it.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 2:16AM
squishsquash(07)

Snip off the worst, try some fungicide, and try to water from underneath. My cucumbers had this last year, and for some crazy reason they didn't die until the end of the summer! I've seen pictures of some other gardeners' and mine never got that bad, it only affected the leaves. My plants were hideous, but they kept producing, which makes me think it may have been a different strain of downy mildew? I had a ton of huge cukes. This year I started spraying since the first pointed leaves appeared...there are a few spots, but I hope those are just bugs.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 6:43AM
ltilton

I'd say it's angular leaf spot. This isn't such bad news as downy mildew.

Maxim's advice will work with this disease, too. Copper fungicide is recommended.

Bookmark   July 3, 2014 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
I really messed up, who can help? Tomato expert needed...
I planted beefsteak and July 4th tomatoes and didn't...
dwyerkg
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
what varieties of watermelons are you growing?
gridgardener
How to identify pressure treated lumber?
I live near an empty plot of land home site that has...
uscjusto
Why is Zucchini Stem Splitting?
This is my first year growing zucchini. It's in a container...
Cliff Pruitt
pepper problems
Hey everyone! My pepper blossoms are falling off! I...
Ankjlkhu Bkjjghfy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™