Shower anyone?....................

elkay_gwMarch 19, 2011

Anyone keep plants in their shower? In colder weather I run out of room for my plants inside, so I have to put some in the shower. Of course it's a pain when you have to USE the shower, but I just have to take them out and put 'em back in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amccour

I use my shower as an isolation area for stuff that gets mealies since it's reasonably well lit but not really near anything otherwise.

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 9:33PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Don't have a picture, but our master bath is on north side of the house, with clerestory windows, and one stained glass window facing west. During the winter, I hung my staghorn ferns from the ceiling since they like indirect light and high humidity. Today I moved everything out to the Teahouse to see how everybody likes their new homes. Except for the ficus and an orchid.

Love the way your shower looks with all that lush green stuff. I remember seeing a shower designed with teak boards on the bottom, and the exterior wall was a pair of insulated sliding glass doors, opening onto a walled outside patio with a great chaise lounge there. Now THAT would be a paradise dream come true.

Oh yeah, I have an outdoor shower, and I have a chain up high over it. When I take plants outside to water them, I use the handheld shower wand and then hang the pots from the chain in the shade. But this is completely outdoors.

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 9:46PM
marquest(z5 PA)

No I could not do that every night. If I had to do that I would never shower. LOL. In the winter I do put my plants in the tub and give them a shower once a month.

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 10:01PM
birdsnblooms

Every so often, I'll place large plants in the shower..the problem is, no one other than myself moves plants towards the back or outside of the tub, so the soil ends up drenched or the tub ends up muddy.
The pipes are a zillion years old, so I do worry about soil sweeping down the drain.

However, I shower plants then place back in their permanent spot the same day..

Elkay, your bathroom looks so very nice. So, you haul each plant out of the tub when you shower? Your plants are doing great..Toni

Bookmark   March 20, 2011 at 8:43PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Elkay!@!

I just LOVE it..Taking a shower with your plants must feel like your standing in a rain shower in the middle of the rain forest, let alone your plants must THRIVE in that moist lit area!
I'll bet you keep a Stag horn in there too, right? What a great idea! I'll bet they are so bug free from using that handheld shower that you must love it too.
You must say that they are the cleanest plants you have!
You know you love your plants when one is willing to sacrifice room in the shower for sure.

Hi Toni and others!

Mike

Bookmark   December 23, 2011 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
Options to water the plant while away from office .
Dear All Would like to know your opinions on any options...
lukein123
The "Show Off" Thread
I love coming to this site for all kinds of useful...
savannaicus
pepperomia plant how to grow?
I would like some help on caring for a Pepperomia plant....
muffy1954
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
Only 1/2 of a schefflera remaining...
4 years ago, I adopted this schefflera from a bank...
greenintrigue
Sponsored Products
Cavendish Thermostatic Freestanding Shower With Brass Hand Shower
Signature Hardware
Perry Ellis Asian Lilly Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
White Trio Euro Dispenser
$24.99 | zulily
Vigo Industries Stainless Steel Thermostatic Shower Massage Panel VG08003
Modern Bathroom
Remer by Nameeks 355FO Shower Head - REMER 355FO
$24.00 | Hayneedle