First Gritty Mix Trial
Well, I completed my first batch of gritty mix today. It's fairly straight forward, although screening the pine bark was a serious pain in the rear.
Anywho, on to my subject plant....my Jade. The rootball was a SERIOUS wad of compacted Miracle Grow. It took me about an hour to remove all of the old soil, and it was not easy. I really had to beat up on my poor Jade, basically spraying a jet of water on the rootball while using my fingers to rub away the not-so-miracle grow. Never again will I use that stuff, because the rootball was a disaster, and after I was done, the leftovers were a soupy mess. I did a good amount of root pruning, as well as pruning out a lot of big, heavy leaves. I had to wire the plant up until the roots can anchor better. Hopefully it recovers from this stressful ordeal.
Thanks again to everyone who has givin me input in several other threads that led me to these new potting mixes. Wish my Jade a speedy recovery!