Mini Jade

cj_speciosa(7a)April 17, 2013

Minaturized jade plant......Didn't mean to do this, it just happened over the last two years. It almost likes bonsai-like....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb! What an adorable plant! Do you think it's Crassula ovata?

...so you've been "picking at it" and inadvertently caused it to look like that? If so, that would fall under the heading of bonsai techniques, but doubtful there's an established style of bonsai that this would fit. I'm sure you've been having a blast doing it though. I did this to a variegated ivy plant once. By the time I finally watered it to death, it had about 5 little hard woody stems, just a few inches tall, with at least 50 TINY leaves on each one. Wish I'd taken a pic of it.

You could also generate a discussion about this on "cacti & succulents" forum, if you have an interest. Most of the jade-o-philes would be over there.

And whoa - look at the fly trap plant!!

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:13AM
cj_speciosa(7a)

I know it's a jade plant, not sure what type though.

I haven't been picking at it at all......It's just the conditions I have it in have dwarfed ALL new growth. I honestly have no idea what I've done to make it grow that way, but I like it.....

Thanks for the info about the succulents forum. I'm still relatively new to this site and am amazed by how large it is. I'm going to post it over there and see what they say.

Thanks!

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 10:44AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Cool, I'll be reading too, curious along with you!

GW is definitely cool. In addition to the garden forums, there's a section of nature and home/craft/DIY forums. You may enjoy checking them out sometime, in the blue bar at the top of the page, hover over "forums" for drop-down menu.

Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
Fiddle Leaf Fig & Baby Jade help...
I've had this fiddle leaf fig for about a year. Why...
sjhermann
Has anybody seen the micro ZZ Plant "Zamicro"?
They are a smaller amd more compact cultivar of the...
tlbean2004
White bugs in saucer under spider plant
I found a pile of these small white bugs in the saucer...
Caitlin Maraist
Peperomia "Rosso"
I bought this plant recently....does anyone else have...
RioSeven
The "Show Off" Thread
I love coming to this site for all kinds of useful...
savannaicus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™