10-15-10 fertilizer use all the time??

trace00969April 10, 2007

I bought some liquid fertilizer, but the instructions say to use 7 drops per litre of water every time I water my plants......should I be using this all the time or just at fertilizing times.....the label gives the impression that I should be giving it to them every time I water.....I am confised....HELP!?!?!?!?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabro14

Hi,

I think all labels say that. I would only fertilize approximately once a month in the growing season.

Gabi

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 12:25PM
nixonk

A high middle number indicates that it helps with blooming so I would only use those on flowering plants. Also, over fertizing is bad for the plant because fertilizers leave salt in the soil. As Gabi said, once a month is good. If you want to fertilize more frequently, you might want to cut back on the amount used. The rest of the time, just use water and make sure that the water come out of the bottom. This will help to flush out the salt left behind by the fertilizer.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 1:29PM
alenka(6)

Many of these liquid fertilizers suggest dilutions that are actually weak enough to be used with every watering. I had a similar fertilizer, and the instructions said use 7 drops per quart with every watering, or 20 drops if only used once a month. So check, maybe your instructions say something similar. If you are concerned, you could certainly dilute further, say use 3-4-5 drops per quart instead of 7. Also I think some plants need more fertilizer than others, so it may depend on your plants.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 2:22PM
birdsnblooms

Trace, is your fertilizer made by Shultz? I once used this fertilizer, but didn't follow directions..During spring/summer months during fertilizing time, when using this particular brand I'd add half the dossage every 2 wks. In fact with any fertilizer, (and I use several types depending on plant) I divide dossage by half. Toni

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 2:08PM
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

When I had a hobby greenhouse my preferred method was to dilute the fertilizer and use it every time during the growing season. In winter I probably wouldn't. In the summer it just seemed simpler to do the same thing every time.

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 2:16PM
More Discussions
Spider plant looking pale
I have a spider that plant that has started to look...
ptsourkas
How to introduce houseplants to outside and should i worry bout rodent
I got a lot of house plants in the last 9 months. I...
tlbean2004
Dying Calathea Plant
Hello all! I have recently started getting interested...
avanns
Fiddle Leaf Fig & Baby Jade help...
I've had this fiddle leaf fig for about a year. Why...
sjhermann
Can anyone ID this tree?
It's about 8' tall, a normal 'tree shape'. We got it...
laura242424
Sponsored Products
White 3-Light Motion Sensor Security 19" Wide Outdoor Light
$74.91 | Lamps Plus
Deer White Wine Goblets
Classic Hostess
Gresham Park Pendant
Lightology
Lights Up | Woody Floor Lamp
$464.00 | YLighting
Upton Home Dunmoor 30-inch Bar Height Stool (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: LA Rugs Fun Time Solar System Multi
Home Depot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™