We made it~~ and I have INTERNET!

Lamora(4)April 12, 2012

hi all!!

Just wanted to let you know we made it to mom's and dad's house, just as dark as I remember it.

The plants are all doing well, but they will be needing a lot more light real soon here. The "shoots" on my Broomliad Tilla are doing real nice, growing a lot faster than I had expected. They all are doing really well, took the trip in the hot car in the back window in stride. Spent most the afternoon on the porch of the house, shady, no sun hits it, got fresh water and they seem to be doing all pretty good.

For now they are on a shelf in my very dark room, I hope to get some lights for them before my DH goes to AZ for a few mths. I knew I would have problems with light for them. But was hoping for the best.

Anyway~~ we are safe and sound and have INTERNET! That really surprised me.. in a good way for once.

See You All on the Flip Side of Life!!

Marjie :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvidaho_2010(5/6)

Glad to hear you and your plants made it safely Marjie!
Tami

Bookmark   April 12, 2012 at 11:16PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Good to hear! May I ask why it's so dark? Lots of trees? I probably just didn't read another post where you already said so, sorry. I do remember reading you were nervous you might not have WWW there. That's OK with me on vacation, but I would be bummed about it for an extended time, too, glad you don't have to deal with that!

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 9:26AM
Lamora(4)

Tami~ thanks :)

purple~~The house is just dark. It faces N&S and the front and back have covered porches, so no sunlight hits any of the windows.. and there are very few windows. Our room used to be a garage, the only window is blocked by a covered driveway, very small window. So yeah,, it is dark in this house. :(

I don't want a glass house~~ but I do want a lot of natural light!! lol

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 7:14PM
More Discussions
House Plants
Dracaenta Marginata
davers71
March Flowers
I feel guilty posting this as teen usually does but...
MrBlubs
Spider plant looking pale
I have a spider that plant that has started to look...
ptsourkas
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
Can anyone ID this tree?
It's about 8' tall, a normal 'tree shape'. We got it...
laura242424
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™